You might be surprised by how few ingredients are actually in this salad. Hawaiian food like this is simple and delicious.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp grated white onion
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, more to taste
- Cook macaroni until just tender in salted water. Drain and set aside in a large bowl to cool.
- Once cooled, stir mayonnaise, salt, onion, and pepper into the noodles until well combined.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If the salad seems dry add a bit of milk, 1 tbsp at a time or a little more mayonnaise.
- Serves 8
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Heather Likes Food.