This salad is perfect alongside a grilled chicken or steak. Make extras for an easy next-day lunch.
- 6 c cooked and cooled quinoa ( 2 c uncooked)
- 2 c apples, diced ( I used Pink Lady apples)
- 4 c fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c chopped green onion
- 1/2 c sliced or chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 c apple juice
- 1/2 c canola oil
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Combine cooked quinoa, spinach, apples, onion, and almonds in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine apple juice, vinegar, honey, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Slowly stream the oil into the juice mixture while whisking and mix until well combined.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Heather Likes Food.