A surprising, but mouthwatering, combination of tastes and textures that’s irresistible.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1 1/2 cup edamame (frozen, defrosted)
- 1 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup cashew halves
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions and let cool in fridge for 1/2 hour. When quinoa is cool, toss together with kale, edamame, and green onion.
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing and set aside.
- Just before serving, add avocado, blueberries, and grape tomatoes to salad. Add dressing and toss. Top with cilantro and cashews and serve.