This incredible salad is a meal in itself! It features quinoa, a “superfood” that’s high in protein, fibre, magnesium and iron.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 red or orange pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 3 tbsp slivered almonds, roasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small jar with a lid. Shake and set aside.
- Place quinoa in a pot with vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and stir. Immediately reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and let cool.
- Add in green onions, peppers, olives, avocado, and tomatoes.
- Shake bottle of dressing and drizzle on salad, just to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and add more dressing if needed. Top with feta, blueberries, cilantro and slivered almonds. Toss before serving.
- Serves 4-6