Fruit in salads, like this delicious one, is appealing to young palates.
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the almonds, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the toasted almonds, romaine lettuce, strawberries, and feta cheese. Cover with the dressing mixture, and toss to serve.