Alternately chewy (sun dried tomato), crunchy (broccoli) and soft (pasta), this salad’s textures and flavours surprise and delight.
- 1 500 gr package tri coloured pasta
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, divided into small flowerettes
- 1/4 cup red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in seasoned oil, chopped
- 1/2 large pepper, cut in 1 inch thin strips
- 2 tbsp black olives, diced
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 slices cucumber, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Remove from pot and rinse with cold water. Let dry. Place in serving bowl.
- Microwave broccoli flowerettes for 2 minutes until bright green and still crunchy.
- Toss broccoli, red onion, sun dried tomatoes, pepper, tomatoes and cucumber together with pasta.
- Sprinkle with basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour half of salad dressing over pasta and toss. Taste. Add more dressing as needed and toss again.
- Serves 4-8.