These delightful little trees make a perfect gift for young friends and relatives.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- green food colouring
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- vegetable oil spray
- a variety of Christmas sprinkles
- 16 large M&Ms or star/angel shaped candy
- 16 caramel cups
- 1/8 cup of corn syrup
- Place butter and marshmallows together in a large glass bowl and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes until marshmallows are melted. Blend well. Add food colouring and stir. Add cereal, one cup at a time, and blend well.
- Place some of the Christmas sprinkles on a piece of wax paper on working surface. Spray your hands with vegetable oil and remove about 1/4 cup of mixture from bowl. Shape into small tree. Roll the tree in the sprinkles.
- Place the tree on wax paper and push down lightly to flatten the base.
- Place M&M or other candy on top of tree using a drop or two of corn syrup to hold it in place.
- Remove foil from the top of the caramel cup and adhere the cup to bottom of tree using corn syrup. Repeat until marshmallow mixture is used up.
- Refrigerate to harden slightly.
To package for gift giving: Wrap in small cellophane gift bag, and top with a bow.