This side dish plays up the sweetness of corn to perfection. A great accompaniment to any grilled main dish.
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1 red pepper, cored and quartered
- 1/2 red onion, peeled
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high. Grill corn, turning until all sides are uniformly cooked. At the same time, grill the pepper and onion until there are char marks. Remove from grill and cool.
- Cut kernels from cobs, and chop peppers into small dice. Slice onions thinly.
- Add olive oil and butter to a large pan over medium heat. Sauté onions for 30 seconds, add garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds. Add peas and peppers and sauté for one minute. Toss in corn and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serves 6-8