Breaded in crunchy Panko crumbs mixed with Romano cheese these mushrooms are healthier than the deep-fried version.
- 8 (ounces) button mushrooms
- 1 egg white
- 3 Tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano (Parmesan can be substituted)
- 4 Tablespoons Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- ranch or marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Using a damp paper towel, gently wipe each mushroom, cleaning it.
- In a large Ziploc bag combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place egg white in a separate large Ziploc bag. Add mushrooms and shake to coat.
- Remove mushrooms and place in breadcrumb bag and shake well to coat evenly.
- Place mushrooms in an even layer on the baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with ranch or marinara for dipping.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy.