The leeks and oyster sauce elevate fried rice to new heights.
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup leeks (quarter leeks, and thinly slice)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups pre-cooked basmati rice (24 hours in advance)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Combine oyster sauce, soya sauce, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat fry pan or wok over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and sauté leeks about 3 minutes until soft.
- Add eggs and scramble with leeks. Season with salt and pepper. Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
- Scrape pan well to remove bits of egg, then add 1 tbsp of oil and heat to medium high.
- Add peas and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir fry for 3 - 4 minutes, or until rice is heated through. As you stir, break up any clumps of rice.
- Add sauce mixture and stir.
- Return eggs to wok, breaking them into pieces with spoon.
- Stir and serve immediately.