This is a super easy and delicious side dish recipe that you can prepare and have ready in no time!
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs asparagus (use thick spears), tough bottom ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, using a spoon stir together garlic and olive oil while pressing garlic against sides of bowl to extract some of the juices to infuse oil with flavor. Place asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet in a mound then pour garlic mixture over top and toss and rub spears to evenly coat.
- Spread into a single layer on baking sheet (place a row horizontally and couple rows vertically to fit them all if needed), sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in preheated oven until tender, about 15 minutes then remove from oven, sprinkle cheese evenly over top and return to oven and roast 1 minute longer, or until cheese has melted. Serve immediately with lemon wedges for spritzing.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy.