This simple and delicious recipe takes about 5 minutes to whip up. It is a perfect Christmas treat or a great gift to give during the hectic holidays.
- 1/2 cup popping popcorn kernels, or 2 bags tender white popcorn
- 1 (12 oz) bag Vanilla Candy Melts
- 1 1/3 cups broken pretzel pieces
- 1 (12 oz) bag green and red Milk Chocolate or Mint M&Ms
- Red, green and white sprinkles
- Pop popcorn in a popcorn popper into a large bowl (or alternately in the microwave if using microwave bags of popcorn) according to manufactures directions. Remove any unpopped popcorn kernels.
- Toss in broken pretzel pieces and M&Ms.
- Melt Vanilla Candy Melts in a microwave safe bowl on HIGH power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle half of melted chips over popcorn mixture, then stir, tossing gently a few times with a rubber spatula. Then drizzle remaining half of melted chips over popcorn, and gently stir mixture until evenly coated (don't over stir though or your sprinkles wont stick if the white chips begin to set and harden).
- Pour mixture into a single layer onto wax paper. Sprinkle entire mixture evenly with sprinkles (as many as you'd like) before vanilla chips set. Allow to cool and harden, then gently break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Serves 8
Tip: I was able to fill 8 - 9 1/2"x 4" party treat bags about 2/3 full with this recipe, if you are thinking of this recipe for gift giving.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy.