What do you make when your in a crunch for time but want a wowing, incredible and highly addictive treat? Cookies and cream popcorn mix.
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels, or 2 bags tender white popcorn
- 1 (12 oz) bag Vanilla Candy Melts
- 24 Oreo cookies, chopped into pebble size pieces (about 3 cups)
- Pop popcorn kernels in popcorn popper into a very large bowl, according to manufacturers directions (or alternately in microwave if using microwave popcorn bags). Remove any unpopped kernels.
- Toss chopped Oreos into popped popcorn.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt Vanilla Candy Melts in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Drizzle half of melted candy melts over popcorn mixture. Toss several times with a rubber spatula then drizzle remaining melted candy melts over popcorn mixture and toss mixture gently for about 30 seconds - 1 minute until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into wax paper to allow mixture to cool and candy melts to set.
- Store Cookies and Cream Popcorn in an airtight container.
- Serves 10 cups
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy.