Granola bites are the perfect grab and go snack.
- 2½ C Rolled Oats
- ½ C raw sunflower seeds
- 1 C sliced almonds
- ½ C wheat germ
- ¼ C honey
- ¼ C maple syrup
- ¼ C dark brown sugar
- 1 oz butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1½ C dried fruit, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, and wheat germ out on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and pour into large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan heat syrup, honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt and stir until smooth and sugar is dissolved.
- Immediately pour over the oat mixture and stir until combined. Scoop into greased mini muffin tin and press firmly into each well.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges of the bites start to turn light golden. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Pop out the bites with a butter knife inserted in one side of each well and store in an airtight container for up to a week, in the freezer for 1 month.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Heather Likes Food.