This festive, sweet treat is perfect for birthdays and holidays because not only is it amazingly delicious but it makes a huge bowl full so you’ll have enough for a crowd of people.
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels, or 2 bags tender white popcorn
- 12 oz. Plain Vanilla Candy Melts
- 1 1/3 cups pretzel squares, broken into pieces
- 1 12 oz. bag plain Milk Chocolate M&Ms or Mini M&Ms (for Easter use pastel M&Ms)
- Multicolored Sprinkles, about 1/4 - 1/3 of a 2 oz. container
- Pop popcorn in a popcorn popper into a large bowl (or alternately in the microwave if using microwave bags of popcorn) according to manufactures directions. Remove any unpopped popcorn kernels. Toss in broken pretzel pieces and M&Ms.
- Melt Vanilla Candy Melts in a microwave safe bowl on HIGH power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Drizzle half of melted chips over popcorn mixture, then stir, tossing gently a few times with a rubber spatula. Then drizzle remaining half of melted chips over popcorn, and gently stir mixture until evenly coated (don't over stir though or your sprinkles wont stick if the white chips begin to set and harden).
- Pour mixture into a single layer onto wax paper. Sprinkle entire mixture evenly with sprinkles before vanilla chips set. Allow to cool and harden, then gently break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Serves 10 cups
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy.