A delicious dip rich in protein, iron and fibre.
- 1 can (19 oz) Romano beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- In food processor or blender, puree beans, oil, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Stir in mint, salt, pepper, and rosemary (if using).
- Place in serving bowl and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to two days.
- Before serving, bring to room temperature and check seasoning.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.