The additional spices of cumin and cayenne pepper gives this salsa a smokey and spicy flavor that makes the perfect salsa. This recipe makes a lot, so make sure you have room in your fridge.
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- juice of one lime
- Combine the jalapenos and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped (scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.) Add all other ingredients then process in one-second pulses until the salsa is at your desired consistency (about 3-5 pulses).
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend before serving. Keep refrigerated for up to two weeks.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Seeded At The Table.