Have fun with your kids and make these easy frozen fruit treats, (that drip much less than most) together year round.
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) California cling sliced peaches or peach halves, in light syrup or fruit juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey
- 4 tsp (20 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ginger (nutmeg)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vanilla yogurt, preferably thick Greek-style
- 8 small paper cups or popsicle containers
- 8 wooden sticks (optional)
- Drain peaches, then place in a food processor or blender along with honey, lemon juice, vanilla and ginger. Puree.
- Add yogurt and whirl just until blended.
- Pour into paper cups or popsicle containers. If using paper cups, set on a tray and freeze about 45 minutes. Then insert wooden sticks, mixture should be frozen enough that stick will stand.
- Continue to freeze until firm, a couple of hours.
- To serve, remove from freezer and let stand a few minutes. If using paper cups, peel off paper and enjoy.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit California Cling Peach Board.