This deliciously creamy soup is a clever way to get your family to eat kale, a most nutritious green vegetable.
- 1 tsp ghee or olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white and tender green parts only, rinsed well and thinly sliced
- 4 cups broth
- 1 large potato, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 cups rinsed and chopped kale leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives for garnish
- Place all ingredients except nutmeg, pepper and garnish into the crockpot and simmer on low for at least six hours.
- Using a hand blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Add nutmeg and pepper, and then reheat. Serve with a sprinkling of parsley and chives.
- Serves 4.