A blend of thyme, fennel, basil, savory, and lavender, the Herbes de Provence adds delicate and delicious flavours to this kid-friendly soup.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups leeks, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 cups butternut squash, 1/2” cube
- 3 cups sweet potato, 1/2” cube
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in soup pot. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add leeks and sauté until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add butternut squash, sweet potato, chicken stock and spices.
- Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.