This fish curry is a great way to introduce your kids to Indian cuisine.
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2-3 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/4 lb (565 g) wild haddock, cut into 1 1/2” cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add mustard seeds and sauté until they pop. Add garlic, ginger, green onions, and spices and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, spinach and fish sauce and cook for 5 minutes until liquid has reduced and spinach has wilted. Add fish to sauce and simmer until it’s cooked through (about 4 minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice.
Recipe courtesy of Local Parent