Sweet, luscious tartlets that both kids and adults will love.
- Pastry (use your favourite recipe for one double crust pie)
- 4 1/2 oz pkg Camembert cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sherry, bourbon, or apple juice
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Roll out pastry to 1/8” thickness and cut out 2 dozen 3” circles. Using a tartlet pan, line molds with pastry. Bake 10 minutes. Drop temperature to 350 F. Cut camembert into 1/2” cubes and place in shells. In non-stick pan, toast pecans over medium heat and toss for 2 minutes. Remove and chop. Spoon 1 tsp into each tartlet shell. In same pan, add brown sugar & sherry, bring to a boil & cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Pour 1 tbsp into each shell. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden. Top with pecan. Makes 24.