This mouthwatering combination of toffee, chocolate and nuts makes a great gift for Hanukah or Christmas.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 sheets matzo
- vegetable oil spray
- 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Skor bits
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 12” x 19” baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with vegetable oil.
- Place sheets of matzo onto parchment, breaking up as necessary to fit.
- Combine butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium low heat. Once butter is melted, raise heat to boiling point, then turn down to a slow boil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until very thick.
- Remove from stove and pour over matzo. Using a rubber spatula, spread toffee evenly to edges. Place in oven for 3 to 5 minutes until toffee begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven. Pour chocolate chips evenly on top and let melt for a couple of minutes. Spread the chocolate evenly over toffee with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with Skor bits and nuts. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
To package for gift giving: Break into pieces and arrange in small decorative boxes.