Finger foods and bite size items are always appealing to kids, so these these taco cups are sure to please.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 can pinto, kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- taco toppings of your choice: lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream
- additional cheese, avocados , black olives, salsa and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a regular sized muffin tin with non stick spray. Add two wonton wrapper to each muffin cup (I criss cross the wrappers).
- Bake 5-7 minutes until lightly golden brown. Watch them carefully so they don't get too brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef or turkey until browned. Drain off any grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, water and drained beans. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon two tablespoon of the meat and bean mixture into each wonton cup. Top with shredded cheese. Return to the oven and bake an additional 5-7 minutes until cheese melts.
- Carefully remove the cups from the oven and garnish with your favourite taco toppings.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Mommy’s Kitchen