These buttery, melt in your mouth scones show that cranberries are not just for sauce! We’ve used the sweetened variety so kids will love them too. The orange zest compliments the cranberries perfectly!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp butter, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- zest from 1/2 orange
- 2/3 cup 10% cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder & salt. Cut butter into flour mixture until it looks like small peas.
- Stir in cranberries and orange zest. Add cream and stir until just combined.
- Transfer to greased pie plate and spread out evenly to edges.
- Score the dough into eight equal wedges, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned on top and baked through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then cut and serve.
- Makes 8.