It makes a great after-school snack. Best of all, it’s high in fibre, has no added sugar and minimal fat.
- 1 cup whole spelt flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins, apricots, figs, cranberries), cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds or combo of both
- 1/2 apple, grated
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease 8" square cake pan.
- Blend flour, oats, salt and oil until mixed evenly.
- Add fruit, seeds, apple and juice to the flour mixture, using hands to combine.
- Press into pan and cut into squares before putting in oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Makes 16 bars.