This quick and easy recipe will be sure to please your hungry family.
- 1 pkg (1 lb/450 g) of macaroni or other short pasta
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded mild Cheddar
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) ketchup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a very large saucepan, cook pasta according to directions on package about 10 min.
- While pasta cooks, break eggs into a large bowl and beat. Stir in cheese, ketchup, salt and pepper, combining well.
- Drain cooked pasta and add to bowl. Toss well. Pasta can be reheated in the same saucepan or in bowl in microwave oven.
- Alternately, spread into a baking dish, sprinkle with additional cheese and bake at 450 °F (230 °C) until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 10 minutes. If cooking from the refrigerator, increase cooking time accordingly.
Recipe and photo courtesy Dairy Farmers of Canada.