Classic ranch flavours combined with the heat of chipotle and the tang of lime, this cool salad comes with a little kick!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and diced
- 10 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium avocados (semi-firm but ripe), peeled, cored and diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, then more as needed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until chipotle peppers are well minced.
- Add in a few more tablespoons of buttermilk to thin as needed.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and gently toss.
- Plate and serve with Chipotle-Lime Ranch.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy.