This soup is full of goodness and perfect for even the pickiest eater.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp mixed herbs (rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme)
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped turnip
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1?2 cup small pasta
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (28 oz) chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup corn
- salt & pepper
- In a large pot, sauté onion in butter until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add spices and stir for a minute.
- Add carrots, turnip, potato, sweet potato, pasta and bay leaf. Pour in vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then place on low boil for 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, and corn and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove bay leaf before serving.