Kids can get creative painting the detail on these fabulous-looking treats, while getting their fill of chocolate by taste-testing.
- 1/2 lb each moulding wafers – milk chocolate, white chocolate, semi sweet chocolate
- 1/4 lb each moulding wafers – green and red
- various Christmas moulds – Santa, reindeer, snowman, gingerbread man, medallions, etc.
- small craft paint brushes
- confectionary sticks
- Melt small quantities of the various coloured chocolate moulding wafers in individual custard cups or small bowls by placing in a small saucepan with an inch of water or gently in microwave (being careful not to burn).
- Transfer custard cups to working area and use brushes to paint on the details in the moulds – e.g., scarves, hats, eyes, etc – using your favourite colours. You may need to melt more chocolate or reheat during this process.
- When details have dried, melt more chocolate and use a spoon to fill each mould with contrasting colour. Make sure chocolate gets into all the crevices. Lightly shake mould to remove bubbles and settle chocolate.
- To make a lollipop at this stage add stick and twirl in chocolate to coat.
- Place moulds on level surface in freezer for about 10 minutes until cold.
- Remove from freezer and gently tap moulds upside down onto waxed paper to release each chocolate.
- Store in fridge until ready to put in decorative boxes or sucker bags with ribbon.